On 30 May 2011 20:58, Allan Gottlieb <gottl...@nyu.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30 2011, David W. Noon wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 May 2011 04:20:01 +0200, Nils Larsson wrote about Re:
>> [gentoo-user] setting locale:

>>>echo "LANG=en_US_utf8" > /etc/env.d/02locale
>>>and
>>>env-update
>>>should work.
>>
>> The correct locale string is "en_US.UTF-8".
>
> Thank you this fixed the problem.
> allan

Indeed, my own notes are exactly the same as here.

As far as the other debates on how to most concisely express the idea,
my notes to myself read as the result rather than say "how to edit
config files".  Spill the contents to the screen and you need to see
that (or similar for different locale than US).

daid@flux ~ % cat /etc/env.d/02locale
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

Is there any kind of project using even a simple GUI like zenity for
doing config file editing in Gentoo?  I could use some good way to
organize that stuff some days.

Cheers,
daid