Nils Larsson wrote:
tisdagen den 31 maj 2011 22:00:28 skrev  Dale:
Does anyone remember the discussion I had about kde packages being in
the system set when doing a emerge -e system?  If I for example unmerge
kde-meta then run --depclean, I bet I would get the error about system
packages being removed.  It may be because of USE flags but this was
what I was concerned about during the last discussion.  Having GUI
packages, especially KDE, included in the system set, even if because of
USE flags, is going to lead to problems at some point.

Or maybe I am reading all this wrong?

Dale
I assume you have "kde" enabled on sys-auth/polkit, that pulls in sys-
auth/polkit-kde-agent and sys-auth/polkit-kde. Thats all the qt-* and kdelibs
packages.

My point and the previous discussion was about this:

root@fireball / # emerge -ep @system | grep kde
[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/kde-env-4.6.3
[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/oxygen-icons-4.6.3-r1
[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/kdelibs-4.6.3-r1
[ebuild   R    ] sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent-0.99.0
[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/nepomuk-4.6.3
[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/kdesu-4.6.3
[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/kfmclient-4.6.3
[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/khelpcenter-4.6.3
[ebuild   R    ] kde-misc/polkit-kde-kcmodules-0.98_pre20101127
root@fireball / #

It's more than polkit that gets pulled in. It is because of USE flags but they are still there.

Dale

:-)  :-)