Paul Hartman wrote:

Enable the IPv6 stuff in kernel, enable ipv6 USE flag in your
make.conf, rebuild any packages that were -ipv6 before, and you should
be good to go from a basics standpoint.

After that, you need actual IPv6 service from your ISP (and modem and
router), or tunnel over IPv4 through a provider.

My cable ISP has a 6RD Border Relay. My DD-WRT router supports IPv6
and I set it up to make the connection to the 6RD, so on my client
machines there's no special setup needed, it just magically works
without any problems.

If your router doesn't support it, you can still establish IPv6 tunnel
from your Gentoo box directly, there are several ways to do it.
Something like net-misc/miredo is extremely simple to set up if you
just want to try it, and to see the dancing turtle on www.kame.net :)

Now what was I thinking. Oh, wait. I wasn't thinking. There was the problem right there. I hadn't enabled any of the IPv6 stuff in the kernel. Jeeez, what a idiot. I haven't even thought of the kernel settings. < sighs >

Anyway, I enabled a lot of stuff in the kernel and will reboot at some point and test again. I'm not sure when I will be rebooting tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)