Hello list,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a tool with which it would be
possible to have external modules installed for _all_ kernel versions in
my computer. Now I am using 2.6.38 kernel, but would like to try 2.6.39
and the thing is that I would like to have tp_smapi and phc-intel
modules in both kernels. Is it possible to have it without any serious
hacking?

I have only 3 ideas how I could achieve that:
* Making a custom ebuild, which would build the modules, but install
itself as a different package depending on the kernel version (eg
tp_smapi-2.6.39-gentoo)?
* Making a custom ebuild, which would build the modules for all kernel
versions in one go... (is this possible?)
* patching the gentoo-sources each time.

Is any of these solutions sensible?

Cheers,
Ignas