On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 07:38:56PM +0200, Ulrich Drolshagen wrote

> I'm not Dmitry but I am using 3.1 too. 3.1 is set as default by stage1 for
> some time now. No issues with 3.1 here though, at least none that
> are related to python.  Why do they set it default by stage1 and
> warn not to use it at the same time?

  Gentoo does not use that type of install anymore for standard installs.
Stage 1 is for experimentation and developers only, not for regular
users.  The rules that apply to stage 1 do not apply to ordinary
installs.  See http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml#stage12

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>