Dale wrote:
Todd Goodman wrote:

Well, I don't have fortran use enabled

mail-proxy ~ # euse -i fortran
global use flags (searching: fortran)
[-      ] fortran - Adds support for fortran (formerly f77)

local use flags (searching: fortran)
no matching entries found

However, kde-base/kde-meta-4.6.4 pulls in kde-base/kdeedu-meta-4.6.4
which pulls in kde-base/kantor which pulls in dev-lang/R (since my profile
has the R use flag enabled) which pulls in virtual/blas which pulls in
sci-libs/blas-reference-20070226 which then craps out since I don't have
the fortran use flag enabled.

My solution is to force -R in make.conf

Let me make a note of that, in make.conf of course.  ;-)

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)

When I did that, it complained that cantor was built with no backend. Did you get the same thing? It said this here:

WARN (postinst)

You have decided to build cantor with no backend.
To have this application functional, please do one of below:
    # emerge -va1 '='kde-base/cantor-4.6.4 with 'R' USE flag enabled
    # emerge -vaDu sci-mathematics/maxima

So, I did the later and it needs to emerge several packages that I didn't have before. Looks like I can either have a bit of bloat on one side or a bit of bloat on the other side. o_O

I mention just in case you didn't notice the message and then something borks on next login.

Dale

:-)  :-)