Frank,

The SiS 900 works fine for me on 100 Mbps without any specific
ifconfig instructions, so should work for you unless Acer have it in a
(very) non-default configuration.

Note however that when you compile the kernel, you do need to change
the config to include SiS 900 support, it's not included by default.

Can't help on the graphics.