Alan McKinnon wrote:

Feedback from the consumer end of the producer-consumer link :-)

The motivation is fine and well, it didn't quite work out, we call
this a "bug".

The only real mistake was trying to slipstream it in without
notification or warning. devs all agree we should never do this, but
it is so ... tempting.

I've made the same mistake myself many many times, and each time it
came back and bit me hard :-)

What I like is the speed it got corrected. People that don't sync often most likely didn't even know it ever changed.

Another like, a dev that at least reads some of this stuff on -user. It's a good way to get feedback. If you change something and it doesn't get mentioned, most likely all is well. If it does get mentioned, may want to rethink the change.

Lessons learned the hard way are the ones we remember the longest.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)