Hi!

I'm building a USE=-pam system and thus don't have pam installed.
Now I wanted to compile openoffice and found, that it would install
pam:

server tmp # USE="-*" emerge -vpt app-office/openoffice
These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild  N    ] app-office/openoffice-1.1.4-r1  -curl -hardened -java -kde
-nptl -zlib 215,331 kB
[ebuild  N    ]  sys-libs/pam-0.78-r2  -berkdb -nis -pam_chroot -pam_console
-pam_timestamp -pwdb (-selinux) 562 kB
[ebuild  N    ]  app-shells/tcsh-6.14  -perl 883 kB

I don't really want to install pam just because of OOo. Does OOo
*REALLY* require pam?

Regards,

Alexander Skwar
--
This is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.  And now you know why.