On Monday 04 July 2011 11:48:51 Dale wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anyone else had any hard lock ups in KDE?   I'm on kde 4.6.4 whichwas
released about a month ago.  For those not in the know, I'm on amd64and use
kde-meta so it is has the kitchen sink installed here.
> What mine does:  It sort of varies but usually when I login, it may lasta
couple minutes, usually less, then the Caps Lock and Scroll Lock LED'sblink.
The Num Lock key is off if that means anything.  I tried theSysReq keys but it
doesn't do anything at all.  According to themessages at the next boot, it
doesn't sync or umount either.  The mousepointer no longer moves either.  At
this point, I hit the reset buttonwhich causes steam to come out my ears.  I
HATE using that button.
> I'm fairly sure this is not hardware.  Right now, I am in Fluxbox and
itworks fine.  I also booted to single user and compiled a bunch of stuffand
also tried a different kernel too.  I think if it was hardware, itwould have
had some kind of hick-up during the compile.  I did checktemps and all is nice
and cool, very cool since my A/C is on fullblast.  I think the oven is outside
on full blast instead of in thekitchen.  lol  It's HOT here, steamy hot.
> I checked messages and the only thing I saw was about a bad option forhp-
systray.  Surely that wouldn't cause a crash?  I'm going to unmergeand test it
tho, just to be sure.
> Anyone run into something like this?  Ideas?
> Thanks much.
> Dale
> :-)  :-)

I only had lockups thanks to USB which haven't occured since I switched to
2.6.39.2

--
#163933