I'm having some really strange issues with an NFSv4 mount on a few of
my systems and am hoping someone can shed some light on what may be
going on.

Server is exporting v4 NFS. I can mount the export from any one of my
clients. However, upon attempting to write to the directory using
something simple like "touch," the write hangs and I have to CTRL-C to
break out.

An "ls" will display the files in the exported directory without any
issues, but cat'ing a file in the directory will also fail.

/shared       192.168.1.0/24(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check,crossmnt)
/volatile       192.168.1.0/24(rw,fsid=2,insecure,nohide,no_subtree_check)

I had this working at one point, but something went wonky and I
haven't been able to get it to work since. I was tinkering with
rpc.idmapd, rpc.pipefs (not sure what this does, honestly), etc. None
of my changes should have put the server in a state where clients
cannot read / write to an export.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

-james