Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2011, 17:23:15 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> Hi Jens,
>    I've never bothered with actually making the boot device RAID as
> it's pretty easy to recreate if it dies. I do mirror my /boot
> partition on three drives so that hopefully I can change what BIOS
> looks at to boot and get the machine back up that way if necessary. I
> know of one person who reported that he made /boot RAID1 but only
> boots from one of the drive to automatically shadow changes he makes
> to /boot, but I've not tried that myself.
>
>    As for /root, I'm using metadata=1.2 here, but it wasn't easy. It
> required an initramfs to figure out why it wasn't working, and then a
> _lot_ of care about RAID naming in both the physical RAID details as
> well as the mdadm.conf file to ensure it matched the eventual machine
> name. However it does work well for me.
>
> HTH,
> Mark

Hi Mark,

i really think it could be an issue of naming... As if i boot from the
install-cd the raid-drives are named md124 - md127 and /dev/md/livecd:1 -
/dev/md/livecd:4.

I installed a kernel with genkernel and its corresponding initramfs, but after
booting i get the same errors. starting the busybox shows the /dev/md3 but i
cant mount it in any way.

regards,

Jens