On Friday, July 8 at 21:22 (+0100), john said:

[...]
> LOL Well I was up and running but now when trying to create VMs I get
> (have done upgrade of around 20 packages)
>
> Uncaught error validating install parameters: Must pass a VirtualDevice
> instance.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 1241, in
> validate
>     return self.validate_final_page()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 1501, in
> validate_final_page
>     self.guest.add_device(self.nic)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line
> 666, in add_device
>     raise ValueError(_("Must pass a VirtualDevice instance."))
> ValueError: Must pass a VirtualDevice instance.
>
> dnsmasq installed. python-updater run. revdep-rebuild etc......
>

> Are there any other GUIs to try for for virtualisation?????
>
> Or is it better sticking to CL to qemu-kvm?
> Am I expecting too much for this just to work?

I can honestly say that I haven't experienced so much pain working with
libvirt/virt-manger.  If I had I probably would have given up, but I've
been using it for years now.

What versions of packages are you using?  Are you mixing stable/unstable
packages?

I can't really say.  I've never seen that error before.  What steps are
you taking to create the VM?