Mark Knecht wrote:
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Neil Bothwick<n...@digimed.co.uk>  wrote:
<SNIP>
No! It is not the latest. It's just what portage is offering you. The
link I sent you clearly (!?) stated that you need to be running the
latest 'Certified' driver revision 275.09.07 to get this fix. Just
because the Gentoo devs haven't marked it as stable does (to me) mean
that I should take their word for it.
If Nvidia say to use the later version because they know the current
arch version is broken, you should follow their advice and not ignore it
simply because of a keyword setting in the ebuild.

--
Neil Bothwick
And of course I would screw up my response by writing

[QUOTE]
Just because the Gentoo devs haven't marked it as stable
does (to me) mean that I should take their word for it.
[/QUOTE]

instead of what I meant, which would have been

[SUBSTITUTE]
Just because the Gentoo devs haven't marked it as stable
***DOESN'T*** (to me) mean that I should take their word for it.
[/SUBSTITUTE]

Sorry!

- Mark

WOW !!! I'm not the only one that leaves out the word NOT. Funny how that three letter word can change the meaning of a sentence so much. It seems to turn things on its head so to speak. ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)