Mick wrote:
Whatever Dale had on his machine must have infected mine!  LOL!

A 32bit x86 box with KDE4.6, running firefox-3.6.17 and xulrunner-1.9.2.17
after a few hours and loads of tabs (sometimes up to 15 or so) eventually
hangs X.

I can switch to a console and login as the user running the X session, then
try to kill the bloody thing with killall, kill -15<pid>  and kill -9<pid>.
It won't barge.  Mind you I haven't tried this as root.

How can this be?

I would try to kill it as root. The -9 option should work. That hasn't failed me yet. I always run kill commands as root and DOUBLE check the PID after typing it in.

I regret to find out that this is not just my problem. Now we got to figure this out. It even affects x86 huh. This is interesting.

Dale

:-)  :-)