You've had some very good advice from Mike + Mick,
but you can have a bit more re-assurance from me.

You shouldn't have a warranty problem if you keep Windows 7 installed.
For that, you can easily install Gentoo alongside it.
I did that with my Asus netbook, which came with XP :
I got XP to tell me how much disk space it was using,
then used Systemrescue to shrink the partition to about twice that much
-- to be safe & allow for some personal files or programs,
if I ever used Windows for anything -- ,
then installed Gentoo on the remainder (most) of the disk.
I used Lilo to dual-boot & XP still works.
There was an extra Windows partition which I wiped out,
but that didn't affect the ordinary booting of XP.

Linux is far better than Losedows & Gentoo the best distro
provided you're prepared to put in a bit of time maintaining it.

HTH

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca