> On 08/12/2011 12:58 PM, dhk wrote:
> I have a Gentoo Box that is a standalone with no internet access.  Is
> there a way I can update it by using my laptop?

My immediate response is that a PCI/USB wifi card costs less than the
combined brainpower that you have had respond to this question.

My actual approach would be to set up the laptop as an rsync mirror, then:
laptop $ emerge --sync
(connect laptop to null-internet box via crossover cable + sync from laptop)
nointernet $ emerge --sync
nointernet $ emerge -pvfuDN world > getfile
(copy getfile to laptop, move laptop to delicious bandwidth)
laptop $ wget -flags getfile
(move laptop back to target machine)
laptop $ rsync gotfiles/* no-internet-box/usr/portage/distfiles
nointernet $ emerge -uDvN world