Hi, guys

It is a shame, I know, but after several years using Gentoo, it is the first time I try to build a kernel without "genkernel".

And now I can't boot to that new kernel, it does not find (and really do not have a) /dev/sda* root partition ("real-root"); during the boot it stops, complaining about that, gives me the option to get a shell, from which I am able to see that there is no /dev/sda* .

I have included everything SATA, so it looks like that is not a kernel problem, but a initramfs issue, I guess.

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot
Francisco

PS: my boot partition is sda2, sda3 is a swap partition, and everything else is in sda4. sda1 is not used (up to now) and this is my grub.conf :

title Gentoo Linux 2.6.39-gentoo-r3
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/kernel-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.39-gentoo-r3 ro root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc real_root=/dev/sda4 vga=0x318 video=uvesafb:1024x768-32 nodevfs udev devfs=nomount quiet CONSOLE=/dev/tty1
initrd /boot/initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.39-gentoo-r3