On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM,  <fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Em 18/08/2011 16:17, fra...@gmail.com escreveu:
>
> Forgot to say: I am able to boot the LiveCD and chroot to that partition.
>
> Now checking the kernel configuration, there's only SATA_ACARD_AHCI set up
> as a module, everything else AHCI is included in the kernel.

Don't forget to check your BIOS. You might also consider enabling
"SCSI-generic (disk)", which would catch ide-emulated disks and put a
scsi interface around them in the kernel. (That'd be an emulation
layer on top of an emulation layer, though, so far less than ideal)

Finally, check that it's coming up as "/dev/sda" and not something
like "/dev/sdb". The initial scrolling of kernel messages might tell
you what devices were detected and what names they were given.

--
:wq