Hi all,

I hope some Apache guru can help me out. I must be missing something
very obvious.

Assume a default Apache 2.2.17 with all modules installed and -D PROXY
-D INFO in /etc/conf.d/apache2.

My update to the default VHOST:

ForensicLog       /var/log/apache2/forensic.log
ProxyRequests     off
RewriteEngine     on
RewriteLogLevel   9
RewriteLog        /var/log/apache2/rewrite.log
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName localhost
  ServerAdmin root@localhost
  DocumentRoot "/var/www/localhost/htdocs"
  <Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
  </Directory>
  RewriteRule ^/website$    http://localhost/website/ [T]
  ProxyPassMatch    ^/website/(.*)$
http://localhost:8000/website/$1
</VirtualHost>

The ProxyPassMatch fires but (AFAICT) the RewriteRule does not. I.e.
http://localhost/website (no slash) ==> 404 (in fact, it's trying to
serve /var/www/localhost/htdocs/website) but http://localhost/website
(with slash) ==> works.

Why does the RewriteRule not run? FYI, rewrite.log is created but
stays empty. I don't see any errors or warnings in access.log or
error.log.

Cheers,
Hilco