On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Michael Mol <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I can only agree!
>>> I am having /usr on a LVM volume on all systems (Gentoo and non Gentoo).
>>> This will be a MAJOR issue if /usr needs to be on /.
>>
>> It is my understanding that /usr does *not* need to be on /, only that
>> if you do, you will need an initramfs. Look at
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/72275 and the thread
>> that followed it.
>
> ...and now I know that my entirely UUID-driven fstab may stop working,
> if they choose not to add that particular "tweak/improvement".

...or you could, you know, use the genkernel generated initramfs, or
dracut. Anyway, probably UUIDs and labels will be added to the minimal
initramfs (it is my undrestanding it's kinda easy to do). The
important thing is that it will be still supported.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México