On 9/13/2011 8:45 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:38:30 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:

Well, I'm a hacker.  udev is free source, therefore fair game.  I
don't intend to put up with this nonsense without a fight.  As far as
I can make out, this is just one guy, Kay Sievers, who's on a power
trip.  Are there any indications at all that he actually talked to
anybody in the wide world before making such a far reaching
decision?

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken

Apart from vague references to "us" and "many upstream developers" there
is no real indication that this is motivated by any more than the one
individual, from his RedHatesque perspective.

To be fair, there are *two* names in the wiki edit history :)

Though I also recall Mr. Poettering's name being mentioned elsewhere in this thread, also in an "anti-everything-thats-not-Fedora" context, though I have no personal experience in that arena.

--Mike