András Csányi wrote:
Dear All!

I think Google Chrome/Chromium is an excellent browser and I have been
using it for a year or more. But there is one issue which is
disturbing me and I would like to know what is your experience.

If I open more than 2-3 URL fast way the loading tabs and other
already opened pages became frozen or terrible slow. I can't scrolling
the already loaded or previously loaded pages till all the tabs are
loaded. Or If I can scroll them than the scrolling is terribly slow.
My network connection is excellent so we can exclude the network
issue. On the other hand this behavior depends on how long time runs
the browser. The more is the slower. Moreover, the used memory depends
on the uptime of the browser as well. When it's reached the 1G than I
always restart the browser.

I experienced this on Linux and on Windows 7 as well. I'm using the
latest (14.x) on Linux and the dev-channel (13.x) on Windows 7.
Because of these problem I have to restart my browser once a day.

I would like to know what is your experience and what do you do to
avoid this issue?

Thanks in advance!

I run into this in Seamonkey/Firefox once in a while. Usually in my case the page has flash or java on it and it seems to slow things down for some reason. It acts like it can't download java or especially flash and deal with other things at the same time.

Given how buggy flash is, I suspect flash. If you notice when you emerge flash, it has a warning at the end of the emerge about security problems. If they can't keep it secure, makes me question what else ain't fixed too.

May not be related but may want to see what those pages contain. If they do have java or especially flash, then that could be the problem.

Dale

:-)  :-)