Hi Everyone,

I hope someone will be able to "lead me by the nose" here.

For a number of weeks now, I have been trying to install Gentoo on my
new desktop.  I kept running into issues and due to time constraints
when I was installing, I put off trying to resolve them.

Today, I went through the install process, had a couple of issues, but
was able to figure them out and got to the point where I was supposed to
boot into my new system.  I got the boot menu, the boot process seemed
to be okay, but when I got to the point where I assumed I should get a
command prompt to finish up, all I got was a weird screen that was half
black and half fuzzy with a bunch of colours (sorry, I can describe this
any better).  I tried recompiling the kernel thinking it was a problem
that I had created during the initial compilation, but that ended with
the same result.

The computer is a Dell XPS 8300
It has a Radeon graphics card, but I wouldn't think this would be an
issue until I tried to install X.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Colleen