Hi Dan,
I am currently developing a P2P backup-system. It allows you to distribute your backups through all clients with space-efficiency and error-correcting-codes. However, it doesn't cover all your requirements (at least the current version), but you may want to have a look in the future..

>>  These are my requirements:
>>  * Secure
yes
>>  * OpenSource
yes
>>  * One Central Backup Host (with tape-drive and backup-db)
no, backup files are stored in a client's folder.
>>  * Backup of Clients over Network (even through Firewall)
yes (though is not working yet :)
>>  * Support for DDS and DLT tapes
no
>>  * Unlimited number of Clients
yes
>>  * Tape Management (the SW keep track of used/unused tapes)
no (i dont plan to use tapes)
>>  * Full/Incremental/Differential/Archive - Backups
currently only full, but the incremental is in TODO list
>>  * Retention time management for Backups
not sure of what you mean..
>>  * Command Line Interface (for scripting) and GUI (for easy Backup/Restore)
only GUI for now
>>  * Definition of Backup-sets
>>  * Online/Offline backup of Databases (MySQL)
>>  * And of course it should be in Portage.
no for the last 3.

Yep.. still incomplete.. but, still starting!!
If you want to contribute with some ideas/suggestions, I'll be glad.

Cheers,
Fernando