On 17 August 2005 15:18, James wrote:
> Bryce Verdier <btv <at> cs.pdx.edu> writes:
> > Does the code compile and work on any other machine (that doesn't have
> > nvwa compiled?)?
>
>  It compiles and runs but it does not display video to the local
> gentoo linux system. The author claims it works on SUSE.
>
> > Also, have you tried upgrade nvwa, i see from the website that .6 is out.
>
> Well, I do not think this is the problem. If somebody knowns
> what they are doing with C++, then it is a good tool,
> but I'm an old C/assembler hack....
>
> > I don't really know how to help you, but i don't mind trying. ;)
>
> I can email the sourcecode to you, compile it and see what you think. You
> can check the sourcecode and make suggestions, as the original
> author may not be a real whiz either, or something is missing
> from the sources, and it is only intended to run on Fedora or
> Suse. I just don't know. If you or anyone will consider helping
> me a little bit, send me some private email at:

I am quite good at C++ and may be willing to help. If you tar up the source,
how big is the tarball? Please don't send it right away. I am sitting here in
Africa and am connected via a percussion group. You don't want those guys die
of exhaustion. ;-)

Uwe

--
95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
developers. - Linus Torvalds

http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)