Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you get around to trying other ways later then consider not using a
> GUI at all for ripping CDs. Here's what I do, thanks to Joerg years
> ago. Obviously change parameters as you see fit. One caveat about this
> command set is that it doesn't grab any hidden tracks.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark
>
> cdda2wav dev=1000,1,0 -vall -B -Owav -paranoia -speed=6
> cdrecord dev=1000,1,0 -eject
> cdrecord dev=1000,1,0 -v -speed=6 -dao -useinfo -text -eject *.wav
> rm audio*

BTW: since January 2010, there is "paraopts=proof" to tell cdda2wav to use the
most pessimistic assumptions for paranoia options.

And a final note: cdparanoia typically reports less problems than cdda2wav
because cdparanoia clears some error counters frequently while cdda2wav sums
them all up within a single track. So seeing more "error reports" from cdda2wav
does not mean lower quality.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin