Uwe~
Yes, please share!  I'd be interested to see how this goes together
John D

-----Original Message-----
From: Uwe Thiem [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 4:22 AM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where's the splash?

On 16 August 2005 20:28, Holly Bostick wrote:
> Chris Cox schreef:

> > I've never had any problems getting either livecd2005.0 or 2005.1
>
> Would you share your grub.conf line, the listing of files in the
> /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images directory, and the text of
> /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/1280x1024.cfg, if it's not too much trouble?
> Neither livecd theme (2005.0 or 2005.1) works for me (and they both fail
> in exactly the same way), so I'd like to know why if possible (just
> haven't had time to dedicate to investigating it). I'd much rather be
> using that theme than emergence (even though emergence has a matching
> GDM theme. I don't care. I don't like emergence very much :) ).

Do you realise that it's rather easy to create your own splash theme if you
use genkernel? Even with a matching background picture for grub. If people
wee interested in it I could post a step-by-step recipe.

Uwe

--
95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
developers. - Linus Torvalds

http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)