Michael Crute schreef:
> Why dont we just change it so that unsubscribe in the subject line
> unsubscribes you (like every other mailing list on the internet)?

Interestingly enough, I just checked three of the several mailing lists
to which I am subscribed, and none of them take unsubscription by
sending a mail *to the list* with the subject "unsubscribe".

So I was under the impression that "every other mailing list on the
Internet" was unsubscribed by sending such a mail to the *list
controller* (whatever mailman or its alternatives are called as a
class), not the list itself, and that was thus 'normal' behaviour.

You learn something new every day.

Holly