Grant wrote:
Cheapest laser you can find at Office Depot tends to be a Brother.  I've got
two...an HL-2040 and an HL-2140. Both work perfectly with CUPS.
+1.  Every Brother laser printer I've tried works perfectly.  I don't
even bother with linuxprinting.org any more.  When I wear one laser
printer out, I just buy the latest Brother.

- Grant

I used to work for a computer place and we sold and serviced Brother stuff. They were well made back then. I haven't used one in a long while but it sounds like they still make good stuff. I always liked that they had metal gears and stuff when everyone else had went to plastic. Epsons were good at going with plastic, even on their higher end stuff. They would strip out regular too. Get a good paper jam, you need a set of gears.

My fav was the Genicom line printer tho. We had several 4440s and they were blazingly fast. A case of paper was like pouring water out of a jug. o_O

Dale

:-)  :-)