The environment variable $PS1 controls what your prompt is, assuming
you're using bash.  This can be set in many many places, such as
~/.bashrc, /etc/profile (controlled by something along the lines of
/etc/env.d/##bash), or even as a simple export.  Try searching through
your /etc on your different machines for the PS1 setting, and copy it
to the one that's missing, a good place to start is "grep -r PS1
/etc/*"