On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/11 11:07, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:23:30 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
>>
>>> At first I thought that sometime that installed since Oct 12 was causing
>>> the segfault, so I tried unmerging the 350+ packages that had installed
>>> since then and listing them in package.mask, but that blew up in my face
>>> because I don't know a command that forces portage to ignore masked
>>> packages and install next-highest stable versions.
>>
>> Mask higher versions in package mask
>>
>>> cat/pkg-version.you.want
>>

> I did, but as I said there where 350+ of them.  And every time I tried
> to emerge anything else, I couldn't because some package I needed was
> listed in package mask.  I got the package list that I added to
> package.mask from /var/log/portage-logs for files dated from October 12
> till 24.  It was an epic fail. I couldn't even emerge -e world because
> of those stupid masked package versions...

OK, I haven't used Myth now in over a year so take this with a grain
of salt. From the log file it appears that your client isn't
connecting to the server which likely explains why you don't see the
programs. I wonder if you've tested connecting to mythconverg manually
via a terminal? Maybe something like /etc/my.cnf or one of the Myth
config files got messed up in the update.

Good luck,
Mark