On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK.  My recent Myth problems were on camille, which thankfully is now
> working.  Originally, I was trying to move my Myth installation to
> carter, which is a dedicated linux box.  I wanted to do this so that I
> could dual boot into Windows XP on camille more often.  I've been
> applying all the advice I've been getting to carter's installation and
> everything works except for Watch TV.  Carter's TV card is Hauppage
> HVR-1950 (pvrusb2).  I can get video with it (I have the /eev/vieo0
> device node and I can get a file by mplayer /dev/video0).  I'm thinking
> the card type in Capture Cards in mythtv-setup might be the problem.
> Here is the output from mythbackend:

<SNIP>

> I'm using the recommended IVTV MPEG-2 Encoder card type.  What am I
> doing wrong here?

1) I don't presume to know why you need to dual boot but unless you're
playing games or something that requires better graphics why not run a
Windows VM and not reboot at all? I currently have 3 copies of Windows
running here but I'm writing this in Linux.

2) Not that I mind these MythTV oriented threads at all but wouldn't
you find a wider range of MythTV help on the MythTV list? That said,
post where you like. It's all good.

Cheers,
Mark