Hi!

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:10:51 -0400 "Michael W. Holdeman"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2005 03:53 pm, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> > My desktop suddenly won't boot. It stops at Starting distccd...
> > [ok] and sits there for hours??  I can reboot with ctrl-alt-del.
> > How can I get it to continue to determint what is wrong? I tried
> > several kernels and all do the same thing...
> I should have noted, I can get it running with softlevel=singlest
> don't know  how to determine the problem.

I had the same problem this morning after updating baselayout to
1.12.0_pre5, but the booting stopped after starting samba. Downgraded
baselayout back to 1.11.13 and everything worked fine again.

Cheers,
Renat

--
Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise lösen,
durch die sie entstanden sind.