On Wednesday 17 August 2005 23:30, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I think the important ones are probably:
>
> <*> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support
>  │ │ │ │  <*>   Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk/cdrom/tape/floppy support
>              │ │
>
>   │ │  [*]     Use multi-mode by default
>              │ │
>
>   │ │  <*>     generic/default IDE chipset support
>              │ │
>
>   │ │  [*]     PCI IDE chipset support
>              │ │
>
>   │ │  [*]       Sharing PCI IDE interrupts support
>              │ │
>
>   │ │  <*>       Generic PCI IDE Chipset Support
>              │ │
>
>   │ │  [*]         Use PCI DMA by default when available
I have all of them on my kernel already.

> and for you probably:
>
>   │ │  < >         Intel PIIXn chipsets support
>              │ │
I have this as module and it seem to be loaded automatically because lsmod
shows:
piix                    9476  0 [permanent]

Maybe it has to be compiled on the kernel (not as a module) to work ?

Thanks.
--
Pupeno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (http://pupeno.com)
Reading ? Science Fiction ? http://sfreaders.com.ar