You are totally right: I'm not using gentoo, but I'm serching for help and
gentoo's mailing list is the most technical one: I'm truly sorry for the OT.

Just some hint about what could be wrong or some command to launch to
understand what's wrong would be great: I'm getting crazy!!

My distribution is CENTOS but couldn't get much help there, so I tried here.

Thanks a lot!

Massimiliano