Pupeno wrote:
On Wednesday 17 August 2005 17:07, Jonathan Wright wrote:

In the
end I had to remove all the modules (rm -Rf /lib/modules) and reinstall
all the modules before rebuilding wireless-tools, madwifi-driver,
madwifi-tools in that order.

Thanks, that worked! (I haven't rebuild madwifi-tools though).

I the end I just didn't care! :) I rebuilt/remove/reinstalled anything that was associated with the wireless system. However, it seams that removing the modules is the major step, as anything user /lib/modules is governed by the configuration protection system and therefore nothing will be deleted/removed on a unmerge or clean.

--
Jonathan Wright <mail at djnauk.co.uk>
// life has no meaning unless we can enjoy what we've been given