On 17 November 2011 08:56, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1 for dropping kdepim. I used to love kaddressbook and kontact (but a
lot of that was enthusiasm about features that "were just around the
corner"). I found that I was having consistent problems keeping my
contacts between versions (fortunately, I had them all backed up as
vcards in svn), and a number of other annoying bugs which the KDE devs
ignored, and closed after a while.

I just uploaded all my PIM stuff to Google Contacts, which actually
adds a whole pile of functionality to other Google products that I
didn't know existed (Addresses of my friends pop up in Maps, for
example). Since I'm using Android, that made the most sense for me.