>> Still looks like loopback is active.  Try to find a slider called
>> "Capture" in alsamixer and mute it.  There might also be a setting called
>> "input" which can be set to i2c, i2s, mix, etc.  Play with these.  I had the
>> same problem with a Soundblaster Live 24-bit, and the problem was that it
>> was set "mix", which is a setting that allows you to record whatever is
>> currently playing.  It's a good thing to have, but as you can imagine,
>> screws with voice communications, because you're recording not only your own
>> voice, but also the voice of the other person and sending it back right to
>> them.
>>
>> It's also possible to set this in KMix, but I don't know if you're using
>> KDE.
>>
> Trying your suggestion.

I took your suggestion and turned off all of the Capture settings on
the X-Fi, obviously I had to leave it on the USB mic to get audio
through.  Still having the issue.

My mixer settings for capture on the X-Fi are Master, PCM, Line-in,
Mic and S/PDIF-in.  Most of them had capture enabled, I disabled all
of them.  There doesn't appear to be an input setting.

The lone mixer setting for my USB mic (AK5370) is mic, which is set to
100% and LR Capture.

Everything seems pretty covered in there.

--
Jason Weisberger
jbdu...@gmail.com