Greets, gentoo-users,

as you may remember I migrated to gnome-3 lately.

This means using networkmanager, afaik you have to w/ gnome-shell.
No big problem as I used it before as well.

My question:

After resuming from hibernate-to-ram the thinkpad is up again
immediately. Fine.

But the re-connect to the local wifi takes longer, around 30 sec or so
(would have to time that).

I tried to reduce that by storing a fixed IP for my wifi instead of
letting it pull the IP via DHCP. It maybe made a small difference, but
it still is quite a long time until I am able to access internet/LAN ...
this somehow makes the quick resume "useless" as I have to wait for
network access while I look at the desktop ;-)

Is this something to simply accept or are there ways to speed that up?

Do you see the same amounts of time to reconnect?

Thanks, Stefan