On Sun, 08 May 2011 11:40:58 +0800
William Kenworthy wrote:

...<snip>...

> oh, and I should add that the above make.conf entries exist and are
> correct - but if I copy crtm328p.o from /usr/avr/lib/avr5
> to /usr/avr/lib it all works fine.  So while it now works, its ot
> fixed :)
>
> I have decided to emerge -ep world after doing the python update - and
> see what that fixes/breaks!
>
> BillK

Hello Bill,

I encountered the same toolchain problem for an Open-USB-IO board,
which also uses an ATmega32 microcontroller.  In my case it was
avr5/crtm32.o that wasn't being found.  Experimentation found that
crtm32.o is found if either of the following symlinks is created

   ln -s /usr/avr/lib/avr5/crtm32.o /usr/avr/lib/crtm32.o

   ln -s /usr/avr/lib/avr5 /usr/avr/lib/avr/4.5.3

The 4.5.3 is the avr-gcc version I have.

HTH,

David