On Saturday, January 07, 2012 at 15:45:44 UTC, carlos.su...@googlemail.com
confabulated:

> Hello mates,

> I have a problem, my provider does not want to set rDNS to my IP's since I
> have 5 IP's rotating for my server, I don't know why. So he told me I can
> do this manually.

> So I've added this as a master zone:
> $ttl 38400
> 80.236.109.in-addr.arpa. IN SOA dominio.dominio.com. abuse.dominio.com.
> (notice that last digits are miss)
> 1325905990
> 10800
> 3600
> 604800
> 38400 )
> 80.236.109.in-addr.arpa. IN NS dominio.dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR mail.dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR ns1.dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR mail.dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR ns2.dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR mail.dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR mail.dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR dominio.com.
> xx.xx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR mail.dominio.com.

> But it does not reflect any change in any machine, just in the local
> machine I get the answer, when I try in any other machine, it still showing
> me the rDNS of my provider.

> Any help?

The  setting  up  rDNS  on  the one server would only be for that local
server.   All   other  servers that are not using the one local server
for  DNS resolution would look to your provider. You would either have
to 1) get your provider to delegate rDNS to you, 2) duplicate the rDNS
setup   on  the  additional  servers, or 3) point DNS (resolv.conf) to
the one server that is working locally.

Without   your   provider   delegating   rDNS to you, the "rest of the
world" would still be looking to your provider for rDNS, regardless.

--
If at first you don't succeed...
...so much for skydiving.