Hi all,

In "man emerge" I read:

--changed-use
  Tells  emerge  to  include  installed packages where USE flags have
changed since installation. This option also implies the --selective
option. Unlike --newuse, the --changed-use option does not trigger
reinstallation when flags that the user has not enabled are added or
removed.

So I always include "--changed-use" when upgrading @world. But with
the removal of kdeenablefinal I now get 150 reinstalls with
changed-use. This seems to be contradicting the man page? Or am I
misunderstanding things? Or did I misconfigure something? To be clear,
I have never enabled kdeenablefinal.

The full command I usually run is

emerge --verbose --deep --with-bdeps=y --complete-graph --update
--changed-use --keep-going world

should that be relevant.

Cheers,
Hilco