Marianne Taylor schreef:
> I am getting the following error when I try to upgrade to faad2-2.0-r7.
> I need the patch for amd64 to use aac files.
>
> Here is the error message:
>
> Problem in media-libs/faad2-2.0-r7 dependencies.
> "Specific key requires an operator (media-libs/faad2-2.0-r7) (try adding
> an '=')" exceptions
>
> How can I get around this?

What is the command you're using to emerge the package?

The error you're getting suggests that you tried something like

emerge fadd2-2.0-r7

which is incorrect syntax (as the error says).

If you, for some reason, need to emerge a specific version of a package,
the correct syntax is

emerge =cate-gory/package.name-and.revision

In this case, it would be

emerge =media-libs/faad2-2.0-r7

but normally you shouldn't need to do this. Is the package masked for
your arch? or marked unstable for your arch, and you're running stable?

Unmask the unstable version in /etc/portage/package.keywords, or unmask
a masked version in /etc/portage/package.unmask (and possibly
/etc/portage/package.keywords as well, if it's both hard masked and soft
masked/unstable).

The only time one usually needs to specify a particular version is if
your arch has a later version that you for some reason can't use, and
really need the earlier version (i.e., unmasking unstable was to give
you 2.0.1, and you really had to have 2.0-r7, because that's the only
version that some other program you need faad for would accept).

HTH,
Holly