Am Sonntag, 22. Januar 2012, 19:00:59 schrieb Philip Webb:
> During my usual Saturday system update, I noticed LibreOffice 3.5.0.1
> is now "testing", while there's an upgrade of LO 3.4 in "stable".
> I tried 3.5.0.0 when it was briefly released a few weeks ago,
> but PDF export was not working.  Has anyone used it with LO 3.5.0.1 ?
>
> Also, I compiled LO 3.4.3.2-r1 with USE="pdfimport",
> but it refuses actually to import a PDF when presented with one.
> Does anyone know if/how it is possible to get that to work as well ?

well, I had to modify a pdf for work. imported it in libreoffice - it worked.
Kind off. Like all vertical writings were damaged, transparent areas became
solid, backgrounds lost, icons washed out.

And after an export and re-opening the you did not get what you saved.

A complete clusterfuck.

Then I tried inkscape - and that one was a breeze.

For your problem: maybe because your pdf is some mashed together stuff that
'looks' like one big graphic, instead of text on a graphical background?

--
#163933