Can someone please confirm that the commented settings in /etc/rc.conf are the defaults?

Ie, when running etc-update after updating openrc, I had specifically the entry:

rc_parallel="NO"

Now, when updating from 0.9.4 to 0.9.8.4, it wants to completely remove this setting and all related comments to it.

I always hate it when the header comments for config files - *especially* important ones like rc.conf - do not *explicitly* state what the *defaults*are, and/or that the *commented* settings *are* the defaults.

So, is

rc_parallel="NO"

the default or not?

What about

#rc_interactive="YES"

Ie, if I leave it commented like that, is it set to YES or NO?

Thanks,

Charles