On 2012-02-05 2:09 PM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
just updated mysql from 5.1.56 to 5.1.61, and STILL have this problem...

after reviewing this problem, I'm thinking that maybe the problem with stopping or restarting mysql is related to the post install elog warning I got back in January when I updated the init scripts:

In the emerge post install I had:

WARN: postinst
Old /etc/init.d/mysql and /etc/conf.d/mysql still present!
Update both of those files to the new versions!

But it doesn't say anything about *how* to update them... and yes, I did etc-update after updating the init scripts...

Is this documented anywhere? Or is this just evidence that I'm clueless (meaning, I should 'just know' what needs to be done)?

Would someone who is not having this problem kindly send me their /etc/init.d/mysq init script, and maybe even their /etc/conf.d/mysql config file? Maybe comparing them will give me a clue...

Thanks to anyone for their assistance...

Charles