On 02/09/12 09:30, Michael Hampicke wrote:
You are right on; I disable Java in firefox and now can open links in
google search.

As I said, I have disabled cookies and javascript for goolge.de (using
cookiemonster an noscript). But as I sometimes use google maps, I allow
javascript on google.com and then use google.com for maps - with cookies
disalbed. And here I have the same issue as you have, I cannot open the
links, but the strange thing is: it's not all the time, sometimes it
works, sometimes it does not.

Who knows what google guys were doing. Maybe they left a screw driver in
there or something :)

I just got a hint from Gentoo forum.  It seems to me others got hit by the same
issue.
Google is getting crappier and crappier by the day. What happened to the lean, mean, simple search engine that everyone fell in love with? Now they're just bloating it with unnecessary javascript crap.

Hmm, one idea: Do you accept cookies from google? I don't. If you don't either,
try activating them and see if it works then.
------end quote------

I'm switching to Bing search engine. It seems to me Google is getting evil now.

--
Joseph