On 09/02/12 18:29, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
Hi,

to aim at the right way of "research" I would like to know,
wether it would be

     a) no problem at all
     b) a true problem near to an unsolveable challenge
     c) a thing of careful selection of the according hardware

to connect a midi masterkeyboard via usb to an ordinary PC (in an
useable manner, of course....;) ). I dont want to add an extra PCIe
card to my PC because there is simply no room for it in my PC.

To what do I have to pay my attention to?

Make sure you have enabled the SND_USB_AUDIO driver in your kernel:

Device Drivers -> Sound card support -> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture -> USB sound devices -> USB Audio/MIDI driver

And it should "just work". At least mine did after I enabled the above driver.