On Thursday 01 March 2012 19:17:05 Mick wrote:

> Well, I had duplicates being created in gmail (POP3) which magically
> regenerated themselves in multiples when I tried to delete them

I experienced that jollity when trying to upgrade to the latest, fatally
broken version, but no such problem with the version I was upgrading from
(4.7.4). This version still seems reliable to me, now that I've reset it to a
working state.

> It is a bloody joke and I can't believe that the KDE devs let it loose on
> [an] unsuspecting population like this. I mean, people depend on KDEPIM to
> manage their affairs and businesses.

Quite agree. It's a travesty of software development, not explained even by
Alan's analysis. These people should be given a dose of the Real World (tm).

> It's not as if it [were] some poxy eye candy feature.  Arrrgh!  What are
> these guys trying to do?  Surpass Microsoft in their development decisions?

Surpass? Is that quite the right word?   :-)

--
Rgds
Peter